Using STARPOD with a computer, the user logs into the internet and re-program the transceiver module with a license key obtainable from Starview certified partner. The re-programming takes less than a minute for each transceiver module. After re-programming, the transceiver module can work with the leading vendor of choice. The module can be re-programmed as many times, as long as the license key is validated.
Starview International offers a wide range of highly reliable transceiver modules allowing the user to protect their investment cost especially with STARPOD.
Starview Programmable Optical Device (STARPOD) is designed to allow the user to re-program Starview transceiver modules (typically SFP/ SFP+ and XFP) in the field. The STARPOD is also capable to tune the DWDM wavelengths of the DWDM tunable SFP+ module. This flexibility to re-program the transceiver module allows the user to connect the module to interwork with multiple leading vendors. The user will save time and money to support the wide varieties of networking equipment today.
STARPOD Programming Transceiver Coding
- • Programming Kit for Starview SFP/SFP+/XFP
- • User friendly graphical user interface(GUI)
- • USB port for basic set up
- • Multi-vendor programming
- • Support 3rd party modules if they are not password protected
- • Requires internet connection during operation
- • 1 license key for each module
- • License key is offered separately
- • Wavelength tuning for DWDM tunable SFP+ module
In this video demonstration, you will see how easy it is to program a Starview SFP/SFP+/XFP module. With the use of STARPOD (Programmable Optical Devices), you can simply download the firmware of the equipment vendor into the transceiver module via the internet. After programming, the transceiver module will be able to work in the vendor equipment.